Tow Pac Owners Group by www.cyclestuffinc.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Tow Pac owners, or prospective owners to discuss Tow Pac Trike kits.

Latest topics

» Steering
828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods... EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:20 pm by Tony Molina

» Never Argue With a Woman
828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:14 am by Guest

» New From All Over
828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:14 am by Guest

» Tennessee Farm Kid
828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:13 am by Guest

» How did you explain to your 4 year old...
828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:51 am by Guest

» Christmas coming up
828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:51 am by Guest

» Who's scared of zombies?

» wobble in frnt end
828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:53 pm by Tony Molina

» instadrive
828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:44 pm by Bob

Navigation

Affiliates

828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods...

Smrf
    Smrf

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-12-04

828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods... Empty 828 mile road trip this weekend! and road tested mods...

Post by Smrf Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 pm

The Smrfmobile is a Piaggio MP3 250 (cc engine) with 8" standard wheel Tow Pac kit.

I went from my home (south San Francisco bayarea) to Claremont (20 miles east of Los Angeles) and back Saturday morning til late Sunday evening via HWY 101

stats...

left home 0045 Saturday, arrived Claremont 1030 (including lots of pitstops, a couple of glitches [non-scoot related] and getting lost for an hour)
    left Claremont 1045 Sunday, arrived home 1900 (7pm for those non-military Americans) [a couple more non-scoot related glitches and pitstops]

temperature 35-95 degrees F according to the factory thermostat on the scoot (BTW anyone know how accuracte these are??)

elevation sea level to 1500 feet

top speed 79 MPH (per GPS speedo)
    average travel spped was 65-70 MPH
    slowest with throttle open all the way 45 MPH while climbing hill to reach 1500 feet elevation

I received my set of Extra Heavy Weight Vibration Dampering barends from HVMP.com on Friday after work just in time to install them and hit the road. I definitely could feel the difference with having them and they are definitely keepers.

Pro Pad Gel seat pad has been in use for a couple of months now but after this long trip I know it's worth the money. I experienced no numbness during my trip.

I loved having my S48 Coocase for a topcase and my pair of Givi E41 sidecases. I used one E41 for emergency supplies/repairs and the other held my lugggage and it made for a quick disconnect at the hotel to bring it inside and pull clothes straight out of it.

If you don't own one already, I highly recommend a Crampbuster for your throttle. I didn't have a fixed cruise control but the Crampbuster did it's job fabulously.

A mod I would like to do but haven't yet is changing out the factory headlight with a PIAA bulb. I found riding at night on unfamilair road with little to no additional lighting at 60 MPH I was overdriving my headlight beams...I'd hope that a PIAA would give me better visiability to allow 70 MPH riding with no extra street lighting.

I was happy to be home but oh WOW what a trip. I'm definitely much more in tune with the Smrfmobile and know what he can and can't do. I'd do the ride again but would skip the night riding unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks for reading, I just wanted to share my latest adventure with the group!

Stay safe, Smrf n the Smrfmobile

PS. My fuel stats below haven't been updated yet from the trip.
    gas...always use premium...cost of gas less than $50
    smiling the whole way...PRICELESS

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:13 am